Archive of the Yahoo! Groups mailing list for the Bug hand-launch glider 2002-2018

From: Rick Lindstrom <kb10troy@...>
Date: Sunday, July 10, 2011 6:15 PM
Subject: Re: Building problems overcome
Hey Mark- Glad you're having fun with the bug, and thanks for the bamboo skewer tip. I'm definitely going to try it. If you haven't already seen it, I have photos of my recently finished Bug here, in post #193: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1425492&page=13 I used competition DLG style pushrods which amount to .018" music wire in etched teflon tubing which can be had at Tailboom.com. The music wire I have in rolls because I used to build dulcimers, but you can go to a music shop and buy single plain guitar strings in whatever size you prefer. I read that Mark Drela used .012" wire in his Apogee, so I might go smaller next time. What the photos don't show is that the pushrods in their tubes exit the fuse at the same place the boom does (I intentionally left small spaces there for that purpose) and are glued to the boom with cyano down its length. These pushrods were quite easy to do, and are extremely light. If you want more details, let me know. Rick