Archive of the Yahoo! Groups mailing list for the Bug hand-launch glider 2002-2018

From: "ragnit71@..." <ragnit71@...>
Date: Thursday, December 8, 2011 10:55 PM
Subject: Re: UNO balsa???
I know UNO on "blue prints" means unless noted otherwise. So maybe use balsa wood unless noted otherwise. Thats my best guess without actually seeing the drawings. - Dirk --- In BugHLG@yahoogroups.com, "Mark" <flyeround@...> wrote: > > Sorry if this is a bit "off piste" guys but as this is an active forum again I thought someone may know the answer. > > I saw a plan the other day, in fact two plans, that specified U N O balsa. I've never seen this description before before. I've asked on the site where I saw one of the plans but no response. All I can think is that is what is properly known as "Quarter Sawn" but which we now all have to call "C grain" for some unknown reason. > > I'm really puzzled, can anyone help please? > > Thanks Mark M >