Bug HLG

Archive of the Yahoo! Groups mailing list for the Bug hand-launch glider 2002-2018

Date: Friday, November 7, 2003 8:19 AM
Subject: Re: [BugHLG] Pod Reinforcement
The Gambler pod is longer than the Bug, but similar in design. I glass the whole thing with 2-ounce glass cloth and it strengthens it a lot. If you really want to make a bulletproof bug pod, glue some CF reinforcement to the sides of the pod before glassing. Allan Wright - Gambler guy On Thu, 2003-11-06 at 21:39, trizzle777 wrote: Has anyone glassed the whole fuse pod? Does it add structural strength beyond what just a coat of thinned epoxy would? I think Gambler plans suggest that approach. What weights of cloth have people experimented with? Thanks. Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT click here To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: BugHLG-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com Home Page - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BugHLG/ Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service. -- ============================ Allan Wright Jr. University of New Hampshire Research Computing Center Internet: aew@... ============================
Date: Friday, November 7, 2003 7:36 AM
Subject: Re: Pod Reinforcement
I glass mine with .056 FG cloth and water based polyurethane. Not much weight and a lot of strength. I also make my pod deeper and thinner to allow the servos to mount vertical. John --- In BugHLG@yahoogroups.com, "trizzle777" <trizzle777@y...> wrote: > Has anyone glassed the whole fuse pod? Does it add structural > strength beyond what just a coat of thinned epoxy would? I think > Gambler plans suggest that approach. What weights of cloth have > people experimented with? > > Thanks.
Date: Thursday, November 6, 2003 9:39 PM
Subject: Pod Reinforcement
Has anyone glassed the whole fuse pod? Does it add structural strength beyond what just a coat of thinned epoxy would? I think Gambler plans suggest that approach. What weights of cloth have people experimented with? Thanks.