Bug HLG

Archive of the Yahoo! Groups mailing list for the Bug hand-launch glider 2002-2018

Date: Tuesday, February 17, 2004 12:29 AM
Subject: Re: [BugHLG] 1st Bug:Tail Boom + Covering Questions!!!
I had no problems with ultracote light causing any warps. It worked great. You do have to be careful not to burn thru it with the heat gun because it is thin. [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Date: Tuesday, February 10, 2004 10:07 AM
Subject: Re: Re:[BugHLG] 1st Bug:Tail Boom + Covering Questions!!!
Get the Avia boom at www.airdyn.com. I think Gabe calls it a Super Light Tapered SL-T. I like oracover lite transparent - doesn't warp a bug wing. Another interesting choice is litespan - tough and light, but requires you use balsaloc on the frame first. Al On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 10:01, John Gallagher wrote: > Chris, > I used Ultracote Lite on my bug with no problem. > > John > > > On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 21:16:44 -0000 theamazingnorad > <theamazingnorad@...> wrote: > > > Hey guys. I am building my first Bug and have a few questions. First > off, I was told to use a Avia Kite Mfg. micro tapered boom....what > the heck is that? Is that boom tapered from 3/16 to 1/8? Also whats > the best covering to use. I heard that oracover and ultracoat light > and stuff shrink too much and lead to warpage. Whats the best stuff > to use? Well, thanks for your help. > > Chris Fleming > > > Sign up for Internet Service under $10 dollars a month, at > http://isp.BlueLight.com > > > Home Page - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BugHLG/ > > > > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor > ADVERTISEMENT > Click to learn more... > > > ______________________________________________________________________ > Yahoo! Groups Links > * To visit your group on the web, go to: > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BugHLG/ > > * To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > BugHLG-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > > * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of > Service. >
Date: Tuesday, February 10, 2004 10:01 AM
Subject: Re:[BugHLG] 1st Bug:Tail Boom + Covering Questions!!!
Chris, I used Ultracote Lite on my bug with no problem. John On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 21:16:44 -0000 theamazingnorad <theamazingnorad@...> wrote: > Hey guys. I am building my first Bug and have a few questions. First off, I was told to use a Avia Kite Mfg. micro tapered boom....what the heck is that? Is that boom tapered from 3/16 to 1/8? Also whats the best covering to use. I heard that oracover and ultracoat light and stuff shrink too much and lead to warpage. Whats the best stuff to use? Well, thanks for your help. Chris Fleming Sign up for Internet Service under $10 dollars a month, at http://isp.BlueLight.com
Date: Tuesday, February 10, 2004 8:43 AM
Subject: Re: 1st Bug:Tail Boom + Covering Questions!!!
Sorry, try this. http://ecom.citystar.com/hang-em-high/ushop/ --- In BugHLG@yahoogroups.com, "John Gospodarek" <John.Gospodarek@i...> wrote: > P.S. Try this link for CF tubes/spars. > > > --- In BugHLG@yahoogroups.com, "John Gospodarek" > <John.Gospodarek@i...> wrote: > > Chris > > > > I have only used the standard CF boom but keep in mind that a > > tapered boom can change the incidence of the tail. You just have > to > > make sure that is correct to the wing. As for covering I have used > > Nelson's lite-film (sp) and would use it again. You can warp the > > wings if you try; but that is not always a bad thing. You may want > > to adjust your building lines or induce some wash-out at the tips > to > > prevent tip stalls. > > > > John > > > > > > > > > > --- In BugHLG@yahoogroups.com, "theamazingnorad" > > <theamazingnorad@h...> wrote: > > > Hey guys. I am building my first Bug and have a few questions. > > First > > > off, I was told to use a Avia Kite Mfg. micro tapered > boom....what > > > the heck is that? Is that boom tapered from 3/16 to 1/8? Also > > whats > > > the best covering to use. I heard that oracover and ultracoat > > light > > > and stuff shrink too much and lead to warpage. Whats the best > > stuff > > > to use? Well, thanks for your help. > > > > > > Chris Fleming
Date: Tuesday, February 10, 2004 8:32 AM
P.S. Try this link for CF tubes/spars. --- In BugHLG@yahoogroups.com, "John Gospodarek" <John.Gospodarek@i...> wrote: > Chris > > I have only used the standard CF boom but keep in mind that a > tapered boom can change the incidence of the tail. You just have to > make sure that is correct to the wing. As for covering I have used > Nelson's lite-film (sp) and would use it again. You can warp the > wings if you try; but that is not always a bad thing. You may want > to adjust your building lines or induce some wash-out at the tips to > prevent tip stalls. > > John > > > > > --- In BugHLG@yahoogroups.com, "theamazingnorad" > <theamazingnorad@h...> wrote: > > Hey guys. I am building my first Bug and have a few questions. > First > > off, I was told to use a Avia Kite Mfg. micro tapered boom....what > > the heck is that? Is that boom tapered from 3/16 to 1/8? Also > whats > > the best covering to use. I heard that oracover and ultracoat > light > > and stuff shrink too much and lead to warpage. Whats the best > stuff > > to use? Well, thanks for your help. > > > > Chris Fleming
Date: Tuesday, February 10, 2004 8:29 AM
Chris I have only used the standard CF boom but keep in mind that a tapered boom can change the incidence of the tail. You just have to make sure that is correct to the wing. As for covering I have used Nelson's lite-film (sp) and would use it again. You can warp the wings if you try; but that is not always a bad thing. You may want to adjust your building lines or induce some wash-out at the tips to prevent tip stalls. John --- In BugHLG@yahoogroups.com, "theamazingnorad" <theamazingnorad@h...> wrote: > Hey guys. I am building my first Bug and have a few questions. First > off, I was told to use a Avia Kite Mfg. micro tapered boom....what > the heck is that? Is that boom tapered from 3/16 to 1/8? Also whats > the best covering to use. I heard that oracover and ultracoat light > and stuff shrink too much and lead to warpage. Whats the best stuff > to use? Well, thanks for your help. > > Chris Fleming
Date: Monday, February 9, 2004 4:16 PM
Subject: 1st Bug:Tail Boom + Covering Questions!!!
Hey guys. I am building my first Bug and have a few questions. First off, I was told to use a Avia Kite Mfg. micro tapered boom....what the heck is that? Is that boom tapered from 3/16 to 1/8? Also whats the best covering to use. I heard that oracover and ultracoat light and stuff shrink too much and lead to warpage. Whats the best stuff to use? Well, thanks for your help. Chris Fleming