Bug HLG

Archive of the Yahoo! Groups mailing list for the Bug hand-launch glider 2002-2018

Date: Thursday, May 23, 2002 4:11 PM
Subject: Re: [BugHLG] Re: Powered Bug?
EDF50. Or a KP-44 mounted immediately behind and above the rear of the pod in a balsa mount. I will be trying both when both fans arrive this coming week. I shall report like any good and true "Bugite" should! Steve (Personally, I feel that the KP-44 will be taking the Bug well and truly into the next dimension. Air velocity (so Im told by a VERY reliable source) is greater than the EDF50 although it draws more amps. We shall see!)
Date: Thursday, May 23, 2002 9:54 AM
Subject: Re: Powered Bug?
--- In BugHLG@y..., "jselikof" <jselikof@y...> wrote: > Has any thought been given to motorizing the Bug? How about a strap on? Seriously, maybe a motor pod mounted with velcro to the top of the wing. Possibly add a few inches to the wing...
Date: Sunday, May 5, 2002 9:00 PM
Subject: Powered Bug?
Has any thought been given to motorizing the Bug? I built mine as soon as the plans came out, and was underwhelmed with its performance, thenceforth it has sat on the shelf. I know there's no room for a power pack, so I was thinking about a redesigned fuse. Watcha think?