Bug HLG

Archive of the Yahoo! Groups mailing list for the Bug hand-launch glider 2002-2018

Date: Monday, November 20, 2006 8:27 PM
Subject: Re: [BugHLG] Re: DL launch tips please
The thumb-on-control-stick is the method I use. Are you sure you want a Stylus? The Stylus is an old design and close to one of the heaviest transmitters made. Most people look for a light-weight transmitter for discus launching. John paul@... wrote: Just don't tell her that you can do it rather coursely just by holding the rudder stick over with your thumb. On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 19:34:29 -0000 "robert_trim2000" <rtrim@...> wrote: > Yep, cross tail. > Cool. thanks for the tips. I knew there was a compelling >reason to get > that new Stylus radio. > "Oh honey.... look, my radio needs a switch on the side >and it does > not have one and, and, and I'll crash less with the >switch... can I > get a new one?" > > Long pause... She's thinking. > > > I'll get back to you. > > bob > > > --------------------------------- Sponsored Link Mortgage rates as low as 4.625% - $150,000 loan for $579 a month. Intro-*Terms [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Date: Monday, November 20, 2006 5:17 PM
Subject: Re: [BugHLG] Re: DL launch tips please
Just don't tell her that you can do it rather coursely just by holding the rudder stick over with your thumb. On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 19:34:29 -0000 "robert_trim2000" <rtrim@...> wrote: > Yep, cross tail. > Cool. thanks for the tips. I knew there was a compelling >reason to get > that new Stylus radio. > "Oh honey.... look, my radio needs a switch on the side >and it does > not have one and, and, and I'll crash less with the >switch... can I > get a new one?" > > Long pause... She's thinking. > > > I'll get back to you. > > bob > > >
Date: Sunday, November 19, 2006 10:53 AM
Subject: Re: DL launch tips please
--- In BugHLG@yahoogroups.com, paul@... wrote: > > I assume you built it cross-tail. > > I have a conventional V-tail Bug with which I can do a SAL. Just grip it by the wingtip and cast it up into the air. I find it's better to launch upwards rather than more horizontally. The Bug climbs with a left hand bank -- I throw right handed -- but I don't need any rudder offset. The left hand climb usually changes into level flight at the top without much down elevator. John
Date: Monday, November 13, 2006 2:34 PM
Subject: Re: DL launch tips please
Yep, cross tail. Cool. thanks for the tips. I knew there was a compelling reason to get that new Stylus radio. "Oh honey.... look, my radio needs a switch on the side and it does not have one and, and, and I'll crash less with the switch... can I get a new one?" Long pause... She's thinking. I'll get back to you. bob
Date: Sunday, November 12, 2006 6:49 PM
Subject: Re: [BugHLG] DL launch tips please
I assume you built it cross-tail. You MUST give outside rudder on launch, so if you're launching with your right hand, give it right rudder. No rudder might be the whole cause of your snap. Two other things to consider if it still snaps. Don't pull when you release, let the plane go straight out by reaching out at release. Also if it is nose-heavy, the high speed at launch could make the nose suddenly balloon, causing a flick. I put the rudder offset on the spring loaded switch, and that's a big reason why glider pilots like heli radios, because the spring loaded switch is on the right side. On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 17:36:50 -0000 "robert_trim2000" <rtrim@...> wrote: > The BUG is really fun to fly, but not to DL launch. >Leaves the hand > and then inverts as it goes up. Any thoughts on how to >keep it > right-side-up while climging? or how to roll-it out at >the top? > > bob > > >
Date: Sunday, November 12, 2006 12:36 PM
Subject: DL launch tips please
The BUG is really fun to fly, but not to DL launch. Leaves the hand and then inverts as it goes up. Any thoughts on how to keep it right-side-up while climging? or how to roll-it out at the top? bob