Bug HLG

Archive of the Yahoo! Groups mailing list for the Bug hand-launch glider 2002-2018

Date: Tuesday, November 15, 2011 9:44 PM
Subject: Re: Another Bug starts!!
Hi, Well it has been flying really well...btw Solite can stick to itself like the Dickens...you need to be extra careful while putting it on, however it is perfect for the compound curves in this wing...and very light!!.. Rgds Laurie --- In BugHLG@yahoogroups.com, "Laurie" <lwjcarroll@...> wrote: > > I have the wing built now plus fuselage...next thing is attaching the tail...I have bought Solite covering for the wing. I do have some litespan but I dont think it will shrink well to this wing shape while the Solite will...Laurie > > > --- In BugHLG@yahoogroups.com, "Laurie" lwjcarroll@ wrote: > > > > Hi, > > > > I got my plans yesterday and have spent this afternoon in part getting info on the + tailplane etc....I plan to do that and have the SAL peg in the left wing as I am right handed..... > > > > I downloaded the Manual from here and am very impressed....alot of work in that and really well presented.. > > > > I hope to upload photos etc in due time... > > > > Rgds > > > > Laurie Carroll > > Tuakau > > Auckland > > New Zealand > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Date: Thursday, November 10, 2011 1:51 AM
I have changed to doing this with CA adhesive and it is really hard now...it has also been a lightweight way to repair the fuselarge etc...Laurie --- In BugHLG@yahoogroups.com, "Laurie" <lwjcarroll@...> wrote: > > BTW I have been trying out fuse-able dress liner...instead of light weight fiberglass...with white glue....it appears to be strong enough for the job..it is very much like tissue...its a polyester and is available in different weights...just need to be careful you get the one that doesn't fuzz up when painted etc..it has a grain which gives it moe strength in one direction..Laurie > > --- In BugHLG@yahoogroups.com, "Laurie" <lwjcarroll@> wrote: > > > > Hi, > > > > I got my plans yesterday and have spent this afternoon in part getting info on the + tailplane etc....I plan to do that and have the SAL peg in the left wing as I am right handed..... > > > > I downloaded the Manual from here and am very impressed....alot of work in that and really well presented.. > > > > I hope to upload photos etc in due time... > > > > Rgds > > > > Laurie Carroll > > Tuakau > > Auckland > > New Zealand > > >
Date: Sunday, September 11, 2011 9:11 AM
Hi...just loaded up some build photos.....also my idea of a "solid" launch tip instead of a DLg peg.... The fusable liner has worked well as a standin for fibre glass...with either Fuller white glue or $2 shop cheap super glue . I was having trouble with the hatch cover being a bit flimsy and used the ligh weight cloth (polyester) on the inside of that with super glue and its a s stiff as can be now...I will upload some photos of what I did for the + tail attachment with this stuff...so far it is working very well... BTW I have used the cheap $2 shop super glue on a larger DLG and its not good enough...had to change to Locktite 401.... I have the Bug flying now and it is really worth the time put in...!!!! Rgds Laurie --- In BugHLG@yahoogroups.com, "Laurie" <lwjcarroll@...> wrote: > > Hi, > > I got my plans yesterday and have spent this afternoon in part getting info on the + tailplane etc....I plan to do that and have the SAL peg in the left wing as I am right handed..... > > I downloaded the Manual from here and am very impressed....alot of work in that and really well presented.. > > I hope to upload photos etc in due time... > > Rgds > > Laurie Carroll > Tuakau > Auckland > New Zealand >
Date: Wednesday, August 24, 2011 8:52 AM
BTW I have been trying out fuse-able dress liner...instead of light weight fiberglass...with white glue....it appears to be strong enough for the job..it is very much like tissue...its a polyester and is available in different weights...just need to be careful you get the one that doesn't fuzz up when painted etc..it has a grain which gives it moe strength in one direction..Laurie --- In BugHLG@yahoogroups.com, "Laurie" <lwjcarroll@...> wrote: > > Hi, > > I got my plans yesterday and have spent this afternoon in part getting info on the + tailplane etc....I plan to do that and have the SAL peg in the left wing as I am right handed..... > > I downloaded the Manual from here and am very impressed....alot of work in that and really well presented.. > > I hope to upload photos etc in due time... > > Rgds > > Laurie Carroll > Tuakau > Auckland > New Zealand >
Date: Wednesday, August 24, 2011 8:48 AM
I have the wing built now plus fuselage...next thing is attaching the tail...I have bought Solite covering for the wing. I do have some litespan but I dont think it will shrink well to this wing shape while the Solite will...Laurie --- In BugHLG@yahoogroups.com, "Laurie" <lwjcarroll@...> wrote: > > Hi, > > I got my plans yesterday and have spent this afternoon in part getting info on the + tailplane etc....I plan to do that and have the SAL peg in the left wing as I am right handed..... > > I downloaded the Manual from here and am very impressed....alot of work in that and really well presented.. > > I hope to upload photos etc in due time... > > Rgds > > Laurie Carroll > Tuakau > Auckland > New Zealand >
Date: Friday, July 29, 2011 12:50 AM
Subject: Another Bug starts!!
Hi, I got my plans yesterday and have spent this afternoon in part getting info on the + tailplane etc....I plan to do that and have the SAL peg in the left wing as I am right handed..... I downloaded the Manual from here and am very impressed....alot of work in that and really well presented.. I hope to upload photos etc in due time... Rgds Laurie Carroll Tuakau Auckland New Zealand