Bug HLG

Archive of the Yahoo! Groups mailing list for the Bug hand-launch glider 2002-2018

Date: Sunday, August 11, 2002 9:41 AM
Subject: Re: Chrysalis rip-off?
I have to agree since I used to fly a Chrysalis a while ago...before those damn plane eating trees caught and ran off!! Just because the planes share some of the same building procedures does NOT make it a rip off. If it did, then all the planes out there today would be one. It sounds like someone was just trying to impress you with too little information at the hobby store. Kevin --- In BugHLG@y..., "Daniel Armstrong" <daniel.armstrong@n...> wrote: > They look nothing like each other, in fact all they have in common are the > characteristics mentioned - which can also sum-up 80% of HLG's on the > market. > > Dan > Chester, UK
Date: Friday, August 9, 2002 5:35 PM
Subject: Re: [BugHLG] Chrysalis rip-off?
They look nothing like each other, in fact all they have in common are the characteristics mentioned - which can also sum-up 80% of HLG's on the market. Dan Chester, UK
Date: Friday, August 9, 2002 5:25 PM
Subject: Chrysalis rip-off?
I have been talking with an employee at my local hobby store about the Bug. He said the Chrysalis, from DJ Aerotech, was identical in many ways -- fuselage construction, wing dowel LE method, even the odd v-tail angle for which the instructions give much justification. Since everyone here has some hand with the Bug, can anyone confirm the possibility of a design-rip-off of Dowdy of the Chrysalis? Regardless of this fact, can someone give an opinion whether the Bug or the Chrysalis is a better airplane? I saw the photos of the built-up ribs and am skeptical they will take the abuse of the standard Bug. Granted, I have not destroyed a wing yet, the ribs don't look strong enough. , you'll have to inform us how they do. Also, for all our reference, where are everyone's CG's located? I can't post a poll, so this email one will do. I have personally been using the CG directly off the plans for sport flying and adding a quarter in the reciever compartment for really windy days. Hope your Bug(s) is still in one piece and flying. Dan