Bug HLG

Archive of the Yahoo! Groups mailing list for the Bug hand-launch glider 2002-2018

Date: Monday, June 16, 2003 5:02 PM
Subject: Re: Servo binding
Henry A lot of things could be happening with short battery life. I use a 4 cell 150 ma NiMH and get about 40 min of flying time. That is after I have cycled the new battery several times. Not sure what would cause the bussing. I have had that problem on other servos and never got it corrected, but now I use JR 241's and have not had the problem with them. I did not notice/associate the bussing with short the batter life, but that have been an oversight. John --- In BugHLG@yahoogroups.com, "dimple_kwok" <henry.kwok@x> wrote: > Had a few more flights, and the battery went dead. I did not time the > exact duration but even with 4 cells the battery did not last very > long. On closer inspection I found that the servo is humming all the > time, sometimes even at neutral. I guess this is what you call > binding... How do you position your pushrod and the servo to prevent > this from happening? I position mine just like the plan...; and the > ruddevator moves freely > > Cheers > > Henry
Date: Monday, June 16, 2003 4:36 PM
Subject: Re: [BugHLG] Servo binding
In a message dated 06/16/03 5:23:54 AM Central Daylight Time, henry.kwok@... writes: > BugHLG-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Date: Monday, June 16, 2003 6:23 AM
Subject: Servo binding
Had a few more flights, and the battery went dead. I did not time the exact duration but even with 4 cells the battery did not last very long. On closer inspection I found that the servo is humming all the time, sometimes even at neutral. I guess this is what you call binding... How do you position your pushrod and the servo to prevent this from happening? I position mine just like the plan...; and the ruddevator moves freely Cheers Henry