Bug HLG

Archive of the Yahoo! Groups mailing list for the Bug hand-launch glider 2002-2018

Date: Sunday, July 13, 2003 10:51 AM
Subject: Re: [BugHLG] 4 x m2 bold's
I've uploaded some pictures of my X-tail. And the construction. Follow the link: http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/bughlg/lst?.dir=/Frans&.src=gr&.done=http%3a//photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/bughlg/vwp%3f.dir=/Frans%26.dnm=Kruisstaart_los_closup.jpg%26.src=gr&.view=t Cyja Frans ----- Original Message ----- From: Frans To: BugHLG@yahoogroups.com Sent: Sunday, July 13, 2003 2:35 PM Subject: Re: [BugHLG] 4 x m2 bold's I'wil upload some pictures of itt, probably tomorrow. I can't explaine because my Englisch is'nt that good. Bud when You'l see it you'll undderstand.. Yesturday I went slope soaring with a bug... Greet fun. !! groetjes Frans ----- Original Message ----- From: Jim H. To: BugHLG yahoogroups.com Sent: Saturday, July 12, 2003 11:13 PM Subject: [BugHLG] 4 x m2 bold's Frans on 7-12-03 4:06 PM wrote: > I also killed a couple of v-tails. after 3 of them i've builded an x- tail. > The x-tail is mounted with 4 x m2 bold's so you can change it after a rough > landing on the field. I've never had to change itt actually. What do you mean by 4 x m2 bold's? -- Thanks Jim, a newbie to modeling. This E-mail address may not be shared with any person or business without the permission of the owner. Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: BugHLG-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com Home Page - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BugHLG/ Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service. [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: BugHLG-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com Home Page - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BugHLG/ Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service. [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Date: Sunday, July 13, 2003 8:35 AM
Subject: Re: [BugHLG] 4 x m2 bold's
I'wil upload some pictures of itt, probably tomorrow. I can't explaine because my Englisch is'nt that good. Bud when You'l see it you'll undderstand.. Yesturday I went slope soaring with a bug... Greet fun. !! groetjes Frans ----- Original Message ----- From: Jim H. To: BugHLG yahoogroups.com Sent: Saturday, July 12, 2003 11:13 PM Subject: [BugHLG] 4 x m2 bold's Frans on 7-12-03 4:06 PM wrote: > I also killed a couple of v-tails. after 3 of them i've builded an x- tail. > The x-tail is mounted with 4 x m2 bold's so you can change it after a rough > landing on the field. I've never had to change itt actually. What do you mean by 4 x m2 bold's? -- Thanks Jim, a newbie to modeling. This E-mail address may not be shared with any person or business without the permission of the owner. Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: BugHLG-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com Home Page - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BugHLG/ Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service. [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Date: Saturday, July 12, 2003 5:13 PM
Subject: 4 x m2 bold's
Frans on 7-12-03 4:06 PM wrote: > I also killed a couple of v-tails. after 3 of them i've builded an x- tail. > The x-tail is mounted with 4 x m2 bold's so you can change it after a rough > landing on the field. I've never had to change itt actually. What do you mean by 4 x m2 bold's? -- Thanks Jim, a newbie to modeling. This E-mail address may not be shared with any person or business without the permission of the owner.
Date: Saturday, July 12, 2003 5:06 PM
Subject: Re: [BugHLG] Re: SAL launch
Bill, I blew off a few v-tails while trying to throw really hard. A SAL will be fine with the v-tail for now, until you start trying to really chuck it. Just don't mind fixing your tail every once in a while.... I also killed a couple of v-tails. after 3 of them i've builded an x- tail. The x-tail is mounted with 4 x m2 bold's so you can change it after a rough landing on the field. I've never had to change itt actually. I also find my bug flying more gentil with thise tail than it did with the V-tail. Spar to the tip will work fine; I concur with John about this. Just make sure when you launch that you're squeezing the spar and not crunching a rib. I used to use my middle finger and thumb on the tip, my middle finger curled around. I could hold onto the spar without crushing other structure no problem. Same here, no worries while dlg launching the bug, but make sure you do'nt squeeze the last rib. Also make sure you don't twist you wrist on release. Cyja Frans Ps: If you wan't I can upload some pictures of the x-tail. Dan --- In BugHLG@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Scott" <joan@e...> wrote: > What modifications, if any, need to be made to a Bug to make it SAL > capable? I'm not interested in a full blown discus style launch, I > don't think either the plane or myself capable of it, but I think I > would get more height off of a SAL lauch. > > Do I need to use the cruciform tail, add a throwing peg etc. > > Thanks > Bill Scott Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: BugHLG-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com Home Page - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BugHLG/ Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service. [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Date: Saturday, July 12, 2003 12:59 PM
Subject: Re: SAL launch
Bill, I blew off a few v-tails while trying to throw really hard. A SAL will be fine with the v-tail for now, until you start trying to really chuck it. Just don't mind fixing your tail every once in a while.... Spar to the tip will work fine; I concur with John about this. Just make sure when you launch that you're squeezing the spar and not crunching a rib. I used to use my middle finger and thumb on the tip, my middle finger curled around. I could hold onto the spar without crushing other structure no problem. Dan --- In BugHLG@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Scott" <joan@e...> wrote: > What modifications, if any, need to be made to a Bug to make it SAL > capable? I'm not interested in a full blown discus style launch, I > don't think either the plane or myself capable of it, but I think I > would get more height off of a SAL lauch. > > Do I need to use the cruciform tail, add a throwing peg etc. > > Thanks > Bill Scott
Date: Wednesday, July 9, 2003 1:46 PM
Subject: Re: SAL launch
--- In BugHLG@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Scott" <joan@e...> wrote: > What modifications, if any, need to be made to a Bug to make it SAL > capable? None, but you can run the spar to the wing tip for more support. >I'm not interested in a full blown discus style launch, I > don't think either the plane or myself capable of it, but I think I > would get more height off of a SAL lauch. > > Do I need to use the cruciform tail, add a throwing peg etc. No. only if you want to tinker. > > Thanks > Bill Scott
Date: Saturday, July 5, 2003 7:20 AM
Subject: SAL launch
What modifications, if any, need to be made to a Bug to make it SAL capable? I'm not interested in a full blown discus style launch, I don't think either the plane or myself capable of it, but I think I would get more height off of a SAL lauch. Do I need to use the cruciform tail, add a throwing peg etc. Thanks Bill Scott