Archive of the Yahoo! Groups mailing list for the Bug hand-launch glider 2002-2018

From: "Laurie" <lwjcarroll@...>
Date: Sunday, September 11, 2011 9:11 AM
Subject: Re: Another Bug starts!!
Hi...just loaded up some build photos.....also my idea of a "solid" launch tip instead of a DLg peg.... The fusable liner has worked well as a standin for fibre glass...with either Fuller white glue or $2 shop cheap super glue . I was having trouble with the hatch cover being a bit flimsy and used the ligh weight cloth (polyester) on the inside of that with super glue and its a s stiff as can be now...I will upload some photos of what I did for the + tail attachment with this stuff...so far it is working very well... BTW I have used the cheap $2 shop super glue on a larger DLG and its not good enough...had to change to Locktite 401.... I have the Bug flying now and it is really worth the time put in...!!!! Rgds Laurie --- In BugHLG@yahoogroups.com, "Laurie" <lwjcarroll@...> wrote: > > Hi, > > I got my plans yesterday and have spent this afternoon in part getting info on the + tailplane etc....I plan to do that and have the SAL peg in the left wing as I am right handed..... > > I downloaded the Manual from here and am very impressed....alot of work in that and really well presented.. > > I hope to upload photos etc in due time... > > Rgds > > Laurie Carroll > Tuakau > Auckland > New Zealand >