Bug HLG

Archive of the Yahoo! Groups mailing list for the Bug hand-launch glider 2002-2018

Date: Sunday, November 6, 2011 1:11 PM
Subject: Re: [BugHLG] Re: bug plans
Hey Guys: Look in the files section of this group for Bug plans! Thermals, Ken in Carmichael On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 3:36 PM, Laurie <lwjcarroll@...> wrote: > Apart from buying used ones, not that I know of...However I do believe > there are plans here for a modified (1/2 ribs added) wing...and there is > the cross tail plans....you may be able to do a work around....also some > one scaled it up to about a metre...perhaps that could be scaled back > down..?? > > Have you tried just ordering the RCM plans online....they may have some > one still doing the work while away etc..?? > > Rgds > > Laurie > > > --- In BugHLG@yahoogroups.com, "lawrence" <larryggme@...> wrote: > > > > is there any other source for the bug plans other than RCM, Ive tryed > calling them several times always a recording, this last attempt the > recording said they would be gone for 2 weeks ???? > > > > > > > > ------------------------------------ > > Home Page - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BugHLG/ > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Date: Sunday, November 6, 2011 8:15 AM
Subject: Re: bug plans
Yeah- like they're saying, the plan is right here in the files section- "Bug X-V Tail Plan.pdf". Here's a tip- Acrobat Reader 10 (or "X") will now tile and print large pages, so you can print this out on a regular printer, tape the tiles together and have a full sized plan. I've printed out a few other plans this way, and it works great. While your in the files section, grab the last file ("The Bug.pdf") and read it closely if you actually build a Bug. It's a contruction guide, and it corrects a few small errors that are in the plan as drawn. Have fun with your Bug- Rick --- In BugHLG@yahoogroups.com, "lawrence" <larryggme@...> wrote: > > is there any other source for the bug plans other than RCM, Ive tryed calling them several times always a recording, this last attempt the recording said they would be gone for 2 weeks ???? >
Date: Sunday, November 6, 2011 7:01 AM
I have dealt with their plans service and they do good work. Got my Bug plan, but haven't built it yet. They were even nice enough to send me a copy of one of my old plans for no charge. Can't beat that! Dick On Nov 6, 2011, at 1:35 AM, John Gallagher wrote: > The cross/X-tail plans are the plans redrawn. I haven't checked but > I believe they are to scale. > When RCM went under, they gave the plans service to one of it's > employees. She is the plans service now. > I believe that she has a full time job and the plans service is on > the side. > > John > > ________________________________ > From: Laurie <lwjcarroll@...> > To: BugHLG@yahoogroups.com > Sent: Thursday, November 3, 2011 6:36 PM > Subject: [BugHLG] Re: bug plans > > > Apart from buying used ones, not that I know of...However I do > believe there are plans here for a modified (1/2 ribs added) > wing...and there is the cross tail plans....you may be able to do a > work around....also some one scaled it up to about a metre...perhaps > that could be scaled back down..?? > > Have you tried just ordering the RCM plans online....they may have > some one still doing the work while away etc..?? > > Rgds > > Laurie > > --- In BugHLG@yahoogroups.com, "lawrence" <larryggme@...> wrote: > > > > is there any other source for the bug plans other than RCM, Ive > tryed calling them several times always a recording, this last > attempt the recording said they would be gone for 2 weeks ???? > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Date: Sunday, November 6, 2011 2:35 AM
The cross/X-tail plans are the plans redrawn.  I haven't checked but I believe they are to scale. When RCM went under, they gave the plans service to one of it's employees.  She is the plans service now. I believe that she has a full time job and the plans service is on the side.   John  ________________________________ From: Laurie <lwjcarroll@gmail.com> To: BugHLG@yahoogroups.com Sent: Thursday, November 3, 2011 6:36 PM Subject: [BugHLG] Re: bug plans   Apart from buying used ones, not that I know of...However I do believe there are plans here for a modified (1/2 ribs added) wing...and there is the cross tail plans....you may be able to do a work around....also some one scaled it up to about a metre...perhaps that could be scaled back down..?? Have you tried just ordering the RCM plans online....they may have some one still doing the work while away etc..?? Rgds Laurie --- In BugHLG@yahoogroups.com, "lawrence" <larryggme@...> wrote: > > is there any other source for the bug plans other than RCM, Ive tryed calling them several times always a recording, this last attempt the recording said they would be gone for 2 weeks ???? > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Date: Thursday, November 3, 2011 7:10 PM
Subject: Re: [BugHLG] bug plans
Look in the files section of the group home page. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BugHLG/files/     ________________________________ From: lawrence <larryggme@...> To: BugHLG@yahoogroups.com Sent: Thursday, November 3, 2011 12:47 PM Subject: [BugHLG] bug plans   is there any other source for the bug plans other than RCM, Ive tryed calling them several times always a recording, this last attempt the recording said they would be gone for 2 weeks ???? [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Date: Thursday, November 3, 2011 6:36 PM
Subject: Re: bug plans
Apart from buying used ones, not that I know of...However I do believe there are plans here for a modified (1/2 ribs added) wing...and there is the cross tail plans....you may be able to do a work around....also some one scaled it up to about a metre...perhaps that could be scaled back down..?? Have you tried just ordering the RCM plans online....they may have some one still doing the work while away etc..?? Rgds Laurie --- In BugHLG@yahoogroups.com, "lawrence" <larryggme@...> wrote: > > is there any other source for the bug plans other than RCM, Ive tryed calling them several times always a recording, this last attempt the recording said they would be gone for 2 weeks ???? >
Date: Thursday, November 3, 2011 12:47 PM
Subject: bug plans
is there any other source for the bug plans other than RCM, Ive tryed calling them several times always a recording, this last attempt the recording said they would be gone for 2 weeks ????