Bug HLG

Archive of the Yahoo! Groups mailing list for the Bug hand-launch glider 2002-2018

Date: Sunday, December 4, 2011 12:48 PM
Subject: Re: "T" Spring Hinge Photos Uploaded
Nice torsion spring tutorial - thanks
Date: Saturday, November 26, 2011 12:03 AM
If I am understanding your question correctly, my answer is that I only bevel the control surface of the Rudder and Elevator. That will give you a max swing, end to end, of ~90* (45* bevel) Most all planes that I have built need far less than this for travel and if you need more, IMHO, you really screwed up the build. ;-) If that does not give you the answer your looking for, please try again. Thank you Chuck for the kind words and your welcome. Just sorry it took a bit longer than I intended to get them up here. On a side note, had my bug out this evening in dead air. Flights were not all that long, but they were smooth and more than a few good catches were had. Best of all, I came home with an intact Bug! Mark --- In BugHLG@yahoogroups.com, "chuck.glider" <chuckglider@...> wrote: > > Dear Mark, > > That's a fabulous photo series. Thanks for that! > > Would you bevel the hinge-side edges of the stab and elevator? > > Regards, > > Chuck > > --- In BugHLG@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Stephen" <mark.stephen16@> wrote: > > > > There is now also a PDF in the file section with the photos in order for your downloading and offline viewing pleasure. > > > > --- In BugHLG@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Stephen" <mark.stephen16@> wrote: > > > > > > I uploaded the series of photos on how I make my "T" spring hinges and they are in the Photo Albums section under "Spring Hinge Control Surface". Each photo has been marked up with a short note as to what is being done. #8 has been marked up to show the difference between a "T" spring and a "Z" spring. I use guitar string but salvaged spring wire from a 3.5" floppy disk is a good size wire to use as well. Just straighten it out and bend as needed. > > > > > > The pictures did not post in order but should be viewed form #1 to #8 to see the steps. Hope this helps you guys out a bit. Please feel free to ask any questions about anything that is not clear. > > > > > >
Date: Wednesday, November 23, 2011 5:42 PM
Dear Mark, That's a fabulous photo series. Thanks for that! Would you bevel the hinge-side edges of the stab and elevator? Regards, Chuck --- In BugHLG@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Stephen" <mark.stephen16@...> wrote: > > There is now also a PDF in the file section with the photos in order for your downloading and offline viewing pleasure. > > --- In BugHLG@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Stephen" <mark.stephen16@> wrote: > > > > I uploaded the series of photos on how I make my "T" spring hinges and they are in the Photo Albums section under "Spring Hinge Control Surface". Each photo has been marked up with a short note as to what is being done. #8 has been marked up to show the difference between a "T" spring and a "Z" spring. I use guitar string but salvaged spring wire from a 3.5" floppy disk is a good size wire to use as well. Just straighten it out and bend as needed. > > > > The pictures did not post in order but should be viewed form #1 to #8 to see the steps. Hope this helps you guys out a bit. Please feel free to ask any questions about anything that is not clear. > > >
Date: Monday, November 21, 2011 3:21 PM
There is now also a PDF in the file section with the photos in order for your downloading and offline viewing pleasure. --- In BugHLG@...m, "Mark Stephen" <mark.stephen16@...> wrote: > > I uploaded the series of photos on how I make my "T" spring hinges and they are in the Photo Albums section under "Spring Hinge Control Surface". Each photo has been marked up with a short note as to what is being done. #8 has been marked up to show the difference between a "T" spring and a "Z" spring. I use guitar string but salvaged spring wire from a 3.5" floppy disk is a good size wire to use as well. Just straighten it out and bend as needed. > > The pictures did not post in order but should be viewed form #1 to #8 to see the steps. Hope this helps you guys out a bit. Please feel free to ask any questions about anything that is not clear. >
Date: Monday, November 21, 2011 2:26 PM
Subject: "T" Spring Hinge Photos Uploaded
I uploaded the series of photos on how I make my "T" spring hinges and they are in the Photo Albums section under "Spring Hinge Control Surface". Each photo has been marked up with a short note as to what is being done. #8 has been marked up to show the difference between a "T" spring and a "Z" spring. I use guitar string but salvaged spring wire from a 3.5" floppy disk is a good size wire to use as well. Just straighten it out and bend as needed. The pictures did not post in order but should be viewed form #1 to #8 to see the steps. Hope this helps you guys out a bit. Please feel free to ask any questions about anything that is not clear.