Bug HLG

Archive of the Yahoo! Groups mailing list for the Bug hand-launch glider 2002-2018

Date: Thursday, March 1, 2012 3:05 PM
Subject: Re: Modified Bug Plans - Any One Keen?
Hi squid, I have been watching with interest over the last 2 years, the development of the Bug (bought a plan from RCM etc.) on this forum, but never got round to making one. The idea of redesigning / redeveloping an improved version in light of smaller, lighter (2.4ghz) rc equipment and side arm / discus launching is really appealing. Please count me in on any new plans you may be producing. Please forgive the ramblings, this is my first input to this forum. --- In BugHLG@yahoogroups.com, "Squid" <littlefr2003@...> wrote: > > Hi every body out there! I have been trawling through anything i can > find bug related regarding possible modifications, i have decided to > redraw the plans with all the suggested updates. So here is what i have > changed on the plan. (please let me no your thoughts and if you think > there is anything else that should be modified) Once i have some feed > back i will release it to the world in what ever format. pdf dxf tif jpg > what every anyone wants. > WING:• Has been taken out to 34" (one extra rib)• Main carbon > spar runs out to the end of the wing for SAL/DLG• Location for > launch peg marked with strengthening mount (left or right)• Optional > half ribs to help against rib compression and to give the airfoil better > shape• Optional rib templates for secondary wing with upper camber > reduced by 6.5% to help with launching height > FUSELAGE:• Has been slimed up as modern electronics are smaller• > Fuselage has been lengthened by half an inch• Boom is now 1/8" > rather than 3/16"• Tail area is now 15% more. Similar to wing area > increase• Crucifix tail will also be on the plan as an optional > ELECTRONICS:• 2 x 2.5g Servos Link > <http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__3714__HobbyKing_2_5g_17kg_12\ > sec_Micro_Servo.html> • Orange receiver 2g Link > <http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__18827__OrangeRx_R415_Spektru\ > m_DSM2_Compatible_4Ch_Micro_2_4Ghz_Receiver_.html> • Lipo Battery > 1s 220mAh 6g Link > <http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__19613__HK189_HK188_Battery_3\ > _7V_220mAh_.html> OR• Lipo Battery 2s 120mAh 8g Link > <http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__19422__Turnigy_nano_tech_120\ > mAh_2S_25C_Lipo_Pack_E_flite_micro_series_compatible_.html> > So any feed back would be greatly appreciated!! > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] >
Date: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 10:51 PM
Subject: Re: [BugHLG] Re: Modified Bug Plans - Any One Keen?
One other thought.  RCM has the rights to sell the plans for the HLG short span version only. The 34" span will be a DLG. I'm the owner of this group and I will make an effort to contact the designer Carl Dowdy to see if he minds.   John ________________________________ From: John Gallagher <gldrgidr@...> To: "BugHLG@yahoogroups.com" <BugHLG@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 10:31 PM Subject: Re: [BugHLG] Re: Modified Bug Plans - Any One Keen?   The Bug uses a publicly available airfoil (Selig) and the proposed plan would include only the increased span version.  I believe that :  changing the span, the thickness of the airfoil, modifying the wing for SAL launch, a new pushrod setup and radio gear placement,  modified fuselage,   and cruciform tail is enough to make it a new design, but I'm not a lawyer either.    Take a look at 1.5 meter dlg's.  They all look alike.  The difference is in the details.   John     ________________________________ From: Night <nightowl_pariah@...> To: BugHLG@yahoogroups.com Sent: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 8:49 PM Subject: [BugHLG] Re: Modified Bug Plans - Any One Keen?   Heya, Squid. I think the stretched Bug is a great idea, and I'd love to see plans for it, especially in .pdf that I can tile and print with my limited knowledge of graphics manipulation. HOWEVER... The original The Bug plan is still under copyright so far as I know. I'm a little concerned that this oversteps the bounds of how much you can borrow from the original without infringing. I'm no legal expert, but I'm pretty sure that if you used a publically available airfoil (I don't know with certainty what 'foil the Bug uses), and draw up the wing plan to a different span, that will be all right. I'm not sure about how much you can include without getting into infringement territory. A cruciform tail would definitely be a mod, not an infringement, but again, that is IF it is a stand-alone drawing not added onto the original copyright plan, I believe. Please check with someone, or write RCM, who sells the plans, to get permission to do this before anyone gets into trouble over it. Nightowl --- In BugHLG@yahoogroups.com, "Squid" <littlefr2003@...> wrote: > > Hi every body out there! I have been trawling through anything i can > find bug related regarding possible modifications, i have decided to > redraw the plans with all the suggested updates. So here is what i have > changed on the plan. (please let me no your thoughts and if you think > there is anything else that should be modified) Once i have some feed > back i will release it to the world in what ever format. pdf dxf tif jpg > what every anyone wants. > WING:• Has been taken out to 34" (one extra rib)• Main carbon > spar runs out to the end of the wing for SAL/DLG• Location for > launch peg marked with strengthening mount (left or right)• Optional > half ribs to help against rib compression and to give the airfoil better > shape• Optional rib templates for secondary wing with upper camber > reduced by 6.5% to help with launching height > FUSELAGE:• Has been slimed up as modern electronics are smaller• > Fuselage has been lengthened by half an inch• Boom is now 1/8" > rather than 3/16"• Tail area is now 15% more. Similar to wing area > increase• Crucifix tail will also be on the plan as an optional > ELECTRONICS:• 2 x 2.5g Servos Link > <http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__3714__HobbyKing_2_5g_17kg_12 | Reply to group | Reply via web post | Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (10) Recent Activity: * New Members 2 Visit Your Group Home Page - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BugHLG/ Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use . [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Date: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 10:31 PM
The Bug uses a publicly available airfoil (Selig) and the proposed plan would include only the increased span version.  I believe that :  changing the span, the thickness of the airfoil, modifying the wing for SAL launch, a new pushrod setup and radio gear placement,  modified fuselage,   and cruciform tail is enough to make it a new design, but I'm not a lawyer either.    Take a look at 1.5 meter dlg's.  They all look alike.  The difference is in the details.   John     ________________________________ From: Night <nightowl_pariah@...> To: BugHLG@yahoogroups.com Sent: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 8:49 PM Subject: [BugHLG] Re: Modified Bug Plans - Any One Keen?   Heya, Squid. I think the stretched Bug is a great idea, and I'd love to see plans for it, especially in .pdf that I can tile and print with my limited knowledge of graphics manipulation. HOWEVER... The original The Bug plan is still under copyright so far as I know. I'm a little concerned that this oversteps the bounds of how much you can borrow from the original without infringing. I'm no legal expert, but I'm pretty sure that if you used a publically available airfoil (I don't know with certainty what 'foil the Bug uses), and draw up the wing plan to a different span, that will be all right. I'm not sure about how much you can include without getting into infringement territory. A cruciform tail would definitely be a mod, not an infringement, but again, that is IF it is a stand-alone drawing not added onto the original copyright plan, I believe. Please check with someone, or write RCM, who sells the plans, to get permission to do this before anyone gets into trouble over it. Nightowl --- In BugHLG@yahoogroups.com, "Squid" <littlefr2003@...> wrote: > > Hi every body out there! I have been trawling through anything i can > find bug related regarding possible modifications, i have decided to > redraw the plans with all the suggested updates. So here is what i have > changed on the plan. (please let me no your thoughts and if you think > there is anything else that should be modified) Once i have some feed > back i will release it to the world in what ever format. pdf dxf tif jpg > what every anyone wants. > WING:• Has been taken out to 34" (one extra rib)• Main carbon > spar runs out to the end of the wing for SAL/DLG• Location for > launch peg marked with strengthening mount (left or right)• Optional > half ribs to help against rib compression and to give the airfoil better > shape• Optional rib templates for secondary wing with upper camber > reduced by 6.5% to help with launching height > FUSELAGE:• Has been slimed up as modern electronics are smaller• > Fuselage has been lengthened by half an inch• Boom is now 1/8" > rather than 3/16"• Tail area is now 15% more. Similar to wing area > increase• Crucifix tail will also be on the plan as an optional > ELECTRONICS:• 2 x 2.5g Servos Link > <http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__3714__HobbyKing_2_5g_17kg_12 | Reply to group | Reply via web post | Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (10) Recent Activity: * New Members 2 Visit Your Group Home Page - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BugHLG/ Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use . [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Date: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 8:49 PM
Heya, Squid. I think the stretched Bug is a great idea, and I'd love to see plans for it, especially in .pdf that I can tile and print with my limited knowledge of graphics manipulation. HOWEVER... The original The Bug plan is still under copyright so far as I know. I'm a little concerned that this oversteps the bounds of how much you can borrow from the original without infringing. I'm no legal expert, but I'm pretty sure that if you used a publically available airfoil (I don't know with certainty what 'foil the Bug uses), and draw up the wing plan to a different span, that will be all right. I'm not sure about how much you can include without getting into infringement territory. A cruciform tail would definitely be a mod, not an infringement, but again, that is IF it is a stand-alone drawing not added onto the original copyright plan, I believe. Please check with someone, or write RCM, who sells the plans, to get permission to do this before anyone gets into trouble over it. Nightowl --- In BugHLG@yahoogroups.com, "Squid" <littlefr2003@...> wrote: > > Hi every body out there! I have been trawling through anything i can > find bug related regarding possible modifications, i have decided to > redraw the plans with all the suggested updates. So here is what i have > changed on the plan. (please let me no your thoughts and if you think > there is anything else that should be modified) Once i have some feed > back i will release it to the world in what ever format. pdf dxf tif jpg > what every anyone wants. > WING:• Has been taken out to 34" (one extra rib)• Main carbon > spar runs out to the end of the wing for SAL/DLG• Location for > launch peg marked with strengthening mount (left or right)• Optional > half ribs to help against rib compression and to give the airfoil better > shape• Optional rib templates for secondary wing with upper camber > reduced by 6.5% to help with launching height > FUSELAGE:• Has been slimed up as modern electronics are smaller• > Fuselage has been lengthened by half an inch• Boom is now 1/8" > rather than 3/16"• Tail area is now 15% more. Similar to wing area > increase• Crucifix tail will also be on the plan as an optional > ELECTRONICS:• 2 x 2.5g Servos Link > <http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__3714__HobbyKing_2_5g_17kg_12\ > sec_Micro_Servo.html> • Orange receiver 2g Link > <http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__18827__OrangeRx_R415_Spektru\ > m_DSM2_Compatible_4Ch_Micro_2_4Ghz_Receiver_.html> • Lipo Battery > 1s 220mAh 6g Link > <http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__19613__HK189_HK188_Battery_3\ > _7V_220mAh_.html> OR• Lipo Battery 2s 120mAh 8g Link > <http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__19422__Turnigy_nano_tech_120\ > mAh_2S_25C_Lipo_Pack_E_flite_micro_series_compatible_.html> > So any feed back would be greatly appreciated!! > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] >
Date: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 6:23 PM
Squid, I'm glad to see somebody doing an updated Bug. My first choice for servos is the Dymond D-4.7 . Good centering, strong gear train for it's size, 4.7 grams, reasonably fast, and most important, lives happily on 2 LiPos. Just too much good to ignore. Even if they cost a gram or so extra, you get it back with simplified battery requirements. I use 2x120mah LiPos as used in a Blade Heli. I am using the D-4.7s in my rocket boosted Bug project. Lee On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 12:42 AM, Squid <littlefr2003@...> wrote: > Thanks for that John, that feed back is very helpful. > > • Yes the normal rib spacing is kept with the half ribs being optional > in-between. > • Yes good idea have the cruciform tail the standard on the plan. > • Ok fuselage will be lengthened by 3/4" and radio placement will be in > front of wing > • Cool ricks mod regarding push rods down the sides gets put into the > design. > • With the servos that was something i was a tad unsure on i have been > using 2.5g servos in a plane called Guided Mite. It has a 14" wing span and > flys quite fast so. My assumption was they should work in the bug. So thank > you for that heads up. > • Bug 34 sounds like a very logical name. > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Date: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 5:13 PM
great idea, I was just thinking about building another bug so count me in. good to see that has livened things up in the bug world Jono --- In BugHLG@yahoogroups.com, "Squid" <littlefr2003@...> wrote: > > Hi every body out there! I have been trawling through anything i can > find bug related regarding possible modifications, i have decided to > redraw the plans with all the suggested updates. So here is what i have > changed on the plan. (please let me no your thoughts and if you think > there is anything else that should be modified) Once i have some feed > back i will release it to the world in what ever format. pdf dxf tif jpg > what every anyone wants. > WING:• Has been taken out to 34" (one extra rib)• Main carbon > spar runs out to the end of the wing for SAL/DLG• Location for > launch peg marked with strengthening mount (left or right)• Optional > half ribs to help against rib compression and to give the airfoil better > shape• Optional rib templates for secondary wing with upper camber > reduced by 6.5% to help with launching height > FUSELAGE:• Has been slimed up as modern electronics are smaller• > Fuselage has been lengthened by half an inch• Boom is now 1/8" > rather than 3/16"• Tail area is now 15% more. Similar to wing area > increase• Crucifix tail will also be on the plan as an optional > ELECTRONICS:• 2 x 2.5g Servos Link > <http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__3714__HobbyKing_2_5g_17kg_12\ > sec_Micro_Servo.html> • Orange receiver 2g Link > <http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__18827__OrangeRx_R415_Spektru\ > m_DSM2_Compatible_4Ch_Micro_2_4Ghz_Receiver_.html> • Lipo Battery > 1s 220mAh 6g Link > <http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__19613__HK189_HK188_Battery_3\ > _7V_220mAh_.html> OR• Lipo Battery 2s 120mAh 8g Link > <http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__19422__Turnigy_nano_tech_120\ > mAh_2S_25C_Lipo_Pack_E_flite_micro_series_compatible_.html> > So any feed back would be greatly appreciated!! > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] >
Date: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 12:55 PM
I would be interested in a set of modified bug plans. I am just finishing my first bug and have enjoyed building it so much I am considering "Buging "my freinds with a couple more as gifts - Mike --- On Tue, 2/28/12, Paul <paul@...> wrote: From: Paul <paul@...> Subject: [BugHLG] Re: Modified Bug Plans - Any One Keen? To: BugHLG@yahoogroups.com Date: Tuesday, February 28, 2012, 3:07 PM   great idea. dxf format would be great, as well as pdf for many. --- In BugHLG@yahoogroups.com, "Squid" <littlefr2003@...> wrote: > > Hi every body out there! I have been trawling through anything i can > find bug related regarding possible modifications, i have decided to > redraw the plans with all the suggested updates. So here is what i have > changed on the plan. (please let me no your thoughts and if you think > there is anything else that should be modified) Once i have some feed > back i will release it to the world in what ever format. pdf dxf tif jpg > what every anyone wants. > WING:• Has been taken out to 34" (one extra rib)• Main carbon > spar runs out to the end of the wing for SAL/DLG• Location for > launch peg marked with strengthening mount (left or right)• Optional > half ribs to help against rib compression and to give the airfoil better > shape• Optional rib templates for secondary wing with upper camber > reduced by 6.5% to help with launching height > FUSELAGE:• Has been slimed up as modern electronics are smaller• > Fuselage has been lengthened by half an inch• Boom is now 1/8" > rather than 3/16"• Tail area is now 15% more. Similar to wing area > increase• Crucifix tail will also be on the plan as an optional > ELECTRONICS:• 2 x 2.5g Servos Link > <http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__3714__HobbyKing_2_5g_17kg_12\ > sec_Micro_Servo.html> • Orange receiver 2g Link > <http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__18827__OrangeRx_R415_Spektru\ > m_DSM2_Compatible_4Ch_Micro_2_4Ghz_Receiver_.html> • Lipo Battery > 1s 220mAh 6g Link > <http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__19613__HK189_HK188_Battery_3\ > _7V_220mAh_.html> OR• Lipo Battery 2s 120mAh 8g Link > <http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__19422__Turnigy_nano_tech_120\ > mAh_2S_25C_Lipo_Pack_E_flite_micro_series_compatible_.html> > So any feed back would be greatly appreciated!! > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Date: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 3:42 AM
Thanks for that John, that feed back is very helpful. • Yes the normal rib spacing is kept with the half ribs being optional in-between. • Yes good idea have the cruciform tail the standard on the plan. • Ok fuselage will be lengthened by 3/4" and radio placement will be in front of wing • Cool ricks mod regarding push rods down the sides gets put into the design. • With the servos that was something i was a tad unsure on i have been using 2.5g servos in a plane called Guided Mite. It has a 14" wing span and flys quite fast so. My assumption was they should work in the bug. So thank you for that heads up. • Bug 34 sounds like a very logical name.
Date: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 10:48 PM
Subject: Re: [BugHLG] Modified Bug Plans - Any One Keen?
I just started learning CAD to do this but go for it.  PDF files are very easy to print or have printed by a copy shop.   Because I want the lightest weight possible, I wouldn't go for the half ribs as long as the original rib spacing is kept, but if it is optional it won't hurt.   <<Optional rib templates for secondary wing with upper camber reduced by 6.5% to help with launching height >> Not sure what you mean by this.  You are probably talking about reducing the thickness of the airfoil. If that's it, then 6.5% is probably too thin without a lot of wing structure redesign to get leading edge sheeting. I'd go with 7.6 to 8%.  The stock thickness is around  9%.  This is a mod I wanted to include.  Was going to purchase Compufoil to do this, but I'm low on funds right now.  You can't just lower the top surface and expect good results.   If you are putting a peg in the wingtip then the cruciform tail should be stock and the V-tail should be optional or not included at all.  SAL launching is much better with the + tail.   I would increase the length of the fuselage nose 3/4".  Mine is actually 1" longer.  Make sure you show the servos forward of the wing - All radio gear in front.  This helps with balance for the cruciform tail.   I have not had much luck with ultralight servos.  Their gears strip very easily (especially with SAL launching) and you will probably need some weight to balance the tail anyway.  Four grams servos seems about right.  Of course your Bug's tail may be much lighter than mine.    The stock pushrod setup is very light but has slop in it.  You will probably need a rudder preset for your launches.  A better way is to install the pushrods  running outside of the boom on either side.  Look at the photos of Rick's Bug to show how to do it.  Rick gets great launch height with his bug and I think this pushrod setup helps a lot. It's up to you to decide if you want to include this on the plans.   Suggest you call it a Bug 34. I also thought about drawing a one meter Bug.  For that you would definitly want to lengthen the boom.   John     ________________________________ From: Squid <littlefr2003@...> To: BugHLG@yahoogroups.com Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 3:07 AM Subject: [BugHLG] Modified Bug Plans - Any One Keen?   Hi every body out there! I have been trawling through anything i can find bug related regarding possible modifications, i have decided to redraw the plans with all the suggested updates. So here is what i have changed on the plan. (please let me no your thoughts and if you think there is anything else that should be modified) Once i have some feed back i will release it to the world in what ever format. pdf dxf tif jpg what every anyone wants. WING:• Has been taken out to 34" (one extra rib)• Main carbon spar runs out to the end of the wing for SAL/DLG• Location for launch peg marked with strengthening mount (left or right)• Optional half ribs to help against rib compression and to give the airfoil better shape• Optional rib templates for secondary wing with upper camber reduced by 6.5% to help with launching height FUSELAGE:• Has been slimed up as modern electronics are smaller• Fuselage has been lengthened by half an inch• Boom is now 1/8" rather than 3/16"• Tail area is now 15% more. Similar to wing area increase• Crucifix tail will also be on the plan as an optional ELECTRONICS:• 2 x 2.5g Servos Link <http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__3714__HobbyKing_2_5g_17kg_12sec_Micro_Servo.html> • Orange receiver 2g Link <http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__18827__OrangeRx_R415_Spektrum_DSM2_Compatible_4Ch_Micro_2_4Ghz_Receiver_.html> • Lipo Battery 1s 220mAh 6g Link <http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__19613__HK189_HK188_Battery_3_7V_220mAh_.html> OR• Lipo Battery 2s 120mAh 8g Link <http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__19422__Turnigy_nano_tech_120mAh_2S_25C_Lipo_Pack_E_flite_micro_series_compatible_.html> So any feed back would be greatly appreciated!! [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Date: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 7:44 PM
Yes I will be interested...especially if its made available as a PDF...the newer version of Foxit can tile print PDF's....Rgds....Laurie I also can get it printed at the local plans print shop etc... --- In BugHLG@yahoogroups.com, "Squid" <littlefr2003@...> wrote: > > Hi every body out there! I have been trawling through anything i can > find bug related regarding possible modifications, i have decided to > redraw the plans with all the suggested updates. So here is what i have > changed on the plan. (please let me no your thoughts and if you think > there is anything else that should be modified) Once i have some feed > back i will release it to the world in what ever format. pdf dxf tif jpg > what every anyone wants. > WING:• Has been taken out to 34" (one extra rib)• Main carbon > spar runs out to the end of the wing for SAL/DLG• Location for > launch peg marked with strengthening mount (left or right)• Optional > half ribs to help against rib compression and to give the airfoil better > shape• Optional rib templates for secondary wing with upper camber > reduced by 6.5% to help with launching height > FUSELAGE:• Has been slimed up as modern electronics are smaller• > Fuselage has been lengthened by half an inch• Boom is now 1/8" > rather than 3/16"• Tail area is now 15% more. Similar to wing area > increase• Crucifix tail will also be on the plan as an optional > ELECTRONICS:• 2 x 2.5g Servos Link > <http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__3714__HobbyKing_2_5g_17kg_12\ > sec_Micro_Servo.html> • Orange receiver 2g Link > <http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__18827__OrangeRx_R415_Spektru\ > m_DSM2_Compatible_4Ch_Micro_2_4Ghz_Receiver_.html> • Lipo Battery > 1s 220mAh 6g Link > <http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__19613__HK189_HK188_Battery_3\ > _7V_220mAh_.html> OR• Lipo Battery 2s 120mAh 8g Link > <http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__19422__Turnigy_nano_tech_120\ > mAh_2S_25C_Lipo_Pack_E_flite_micro_series_compatible_.html> > So any feed back would be greatly appreciated!! > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] >
Date: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 5:18 PM
I have had the same idea. Just haven't time to work on it. On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 2:07 PM, Paul <paul@...> wrote: > great idea. dxf format would be great, as well as pdf for many. > > --- In BugHLG@yahoogroups.com, "Squid" <littlefr2003@...> wrote: > > > > Hi every body out there! I have been trawling through anything i can > > find bug related regarding possible modifications, i have decided to > > redraw the plans with all the suggested updates. So here is what i have > > changed on the plan. (please let me no your thoughts and if you think > > there is anything else that should be modified) Once i have some feed > > back i will release it to the world in what ever format. pdf dxf tif jpg > > what every anyone wants. > > WING:• Has been taken out to 34" (one extra rib)• Main carbon > > spar runs out to the end of the wing for SAL/DLG• Location for > > launch peg marked with strengthening mount (left or right)• Optional > > half ribs to help against rib compression and to give the airfoil better > > shape• Optional rib templates for secondary wing with upper camber > > reduced by 6.5% to help with launching height > > FUSELAGE:• Has been slimed up as modern electronics are smaller• > > Fuselage has been lengthened by half an inch• Boom is now 1/8" > > rather than 3/16"• Tail area is now 15% more. Similar to wing area > > increase• Crucifix tail will also be on the plan as an optional > > ELECTRONICS:• 2 x 2.5g Servos Link > > < > http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__3714__HobbyKing_2_5g_17kg_12\ > > sec_Micro_Servo.html> • Orange receiver 2g Link > > < > http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__18827__OrangeRx_R415_Spektru\ > > m_DSM2_Compatible_4Ch_Micro_2_4Ghz_Receiver_.html> • Lipo Battery > > 1s 220mAh 6g Link > > < > http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__19613__HK189_HK188_Battery_3\ > > _7V_220mAh_.html> OR• Lipo Battery 2s 120mAh 8g Link > > < > http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__19422__Turnigy_nano_tech_120\ > > mAh_2S_25C_Lipo_Pack_E_flite_micro_series_compatible_.html> > > So any feed back would be greatly appreciated!! > > > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > > > > > ------------------------------------ > > Home Page - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BugHLG/ > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Date: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 3:07 PM
great idea. dxf format would be great, as well as pdf for many. --- In BugHLG@yahoogroups.com, "Squid" <littlefr2003@...> wrote: > > Hi every body out there! I have been trawling through anything i can > find bug related regarding possible modifications, i have decided to > redraw the plans with all the suggested updates. So here is what i have > changed on the plan. (please let me no your thoughts and if you think > there is anything else that should be modified) Once i have some feed > back i will release it to the world in what ever format. pdf dxf tif jpg > what every anyone wants. > WING:• Has been taken out to 34" (one extra rib)• Main carbon > spar runs out to the end of the wing for SAL/DLG• Location for > launch peg marked with strengthening mount (left or right)• Optional > half ribs to help against rib compression and to give the airfoil better > shape• Optional rib templates for secondary wing with upper camber > reduced by 6.5% to help with launching height > FUSELAGE:• Has been slimed up as modern electronics are smaller• > Fuselage has been lengthened by half an inch• Boom is now 1/8" > rather than 3/16"• Tail area is now 15% more. Similar to wing area > increase• Crucifix tail will also be on the plan as an optional > ELECTRONICS:• 2 x 2.5g Servos Link > <http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__3714__HobbyKing_2_5g_17kg_12\ > sec_Micro_Servo.html> • Orange receiver 2g Link > <http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__18827__OrangeRx_R415_Spektru\ > m_DSM2_Compatible_4Ch_Micro_2_4Ghz_Receiver_.html> • Lipo Battery > 1s 220mAh 6g Link > <http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__19613__HK189_HK188_Battery_3\ > _7V_220mAh_.html> OR• Lipo Battery 2s 120mAh 8g Link > <http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__19422__Turnigy_nano_tech_120\ > mAh_2S_25C_Lipo_Pack_E_flite_micro_series_compatible_.html> > So any feed back would be greatly appreciated!! > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] >
Date: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 3:07 AM
Subject: Modified Bug Plans - Any One Keen?
Hi every body out there! I have been trawling through anything i can find bug related regarding possible modifications, i have decided to redraw the plans with all the suggested updates. So here is what i have changed on the plan. (please let me no your thoughts and if you think there is anything else that should be modified) Once i have some feed back i will release it to the world in what ever format. pdf dxf tif jpg what every anyone wants. WING:• Has been taken out to 34" (one extra rib)• Main carbon spar runs out to the end of the wing for SAL/DLG• Location for launch peg marked with strengthening mount (left or right)• Optional half ribs to help against rib compression and to give the airfoil better shape• Optional rib templates for secondary wing with upper camber reduced by 6.5% to help with launching height FUSELAGE:• Has been slimed up as modern electronics are smaller• Fuselage has been lengthened by half an inch• Boom is now 1/8" rather than 3/16"• Tail area is now 15% more. Similar to wing area increase• Crucifix tail will also be on the plan as an optional ELECTRONICS:• 2 x 2.5g Servos Link <http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__3714__HobbyKing_2_5g_17kg_12\ sec_Micro_Servo.html> • Orange receiver 2g Link <http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__18827__OrangeRx_R415_Spektru\ m_DSM2_Compatible_4Ch_Micro_2_4Ghz_Receiver_.html> • Lipo Battery 1s 220mAh 6g Link <http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__19613__HK189_HK188_Battery_3\ _7V_220mAh_.html> OR• Lipo Battery 2s 120mAh 8g Link <http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__19422__Turnigy_nano_tech_120\ mAh_2S_25C_Lipo_Pack_E_flite_micro_series_compatible_.html> So any feed back would be greatly appreciated!! [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]