Bug HLG

Archive of the Yahoo! Groups mailing list for the Bug hand-launch glider 2002-2018

Date: Thursday, March 1, 2012 12:43 PM
Subject: Re: [BugHLG] Modified Bug Plans- a note about pushrods
Rick, Thanks for the link.  We might be able to make a group purchase. An alternative is the Sullivan GOLD-N-CABLE #507.  They are a bit heavier but available at most hobby shops.  Just not as nice as teflon.   John  ________________________________ From: kb11troy <kb10troy@...> To: BugHLG@yahoogroups.com Sent: Thursday, March 1, 2012 8:11 AM Subject: [BugHLG] Modified Bug Plans- a note about pushrods   I like this sudden surge (or re-surge)of interest in the Bug and the idea of drawing an updated plan. Regarding the music wire in teflon tube pushrods I used: I put those in as an after thought because I had materials left over from building a 1.5m DLG, and I had to make the holes in the F3 former with a dremel tool in the completed fuselage- not fun. If you intend to use this style of pushrod, I recommend remembering to nick the F3 former on either side for them before gluing it into the fuse. Much easier that way. :) In case anyone is interested, the etched teflon tubing for pushrod housings can be found here: http://www.tailboom.com/teflon.php NFI of course, I just think it's a cool way to do pushrods. Rick [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Date: Thursday, March 1, 2012 8:11 AM
Subject: Modified Bug Plans- a note about pushrods
I like this sudden surge (or re-surge)of interest in the Bug and the idea of drawing an updated plan. Regarding the music wire in teflon tube pushrods I used: I put those in as an after thought because I had materials left over from building a 1.5m DLG, and I had to make the holes in the F3 former with a dremel tool in the completed fuselage- not fun. If you intend to use this style of pushrod, I recommend remembering to nick the F3 former on either side for them before gluing it into the fuse. Much easier that way. :) In case anyone is interested, the etched teflon tubing for pushrod housings can be found here: http://www.tailboom.com/teflon.php NFI of course, I just think it's a cool way to do pushrods. Rick