Bug HLG

Archive of the Yahoo! Groups mailing list for the Bug hand-launch glider 2002-2018

Date: Tuesday, March 13, 2012 9:16 PM
Subject: Re: [BugHLG] Re: Why against the V-tail?
Part of the reason I voted this to be DLG-only is to make this design unique from the Bug design.  Are we creating a new design or just copying the Bug?  A while back we talked about legal issues.  Whether or not we need to worry, it still seems that we should make it a new and distinct design.   A little history - The first production DLG had a Y-tail.  It was heavy because it needed a full fuselage to absorb the twisting forces during launch.  That doesn't mean you can't design a balanced Y-tail, but most of the rest of us will stick with the + tail.  Anyone who wants to experiment is free to do so but do we need to include all possible configurations on the final plan?   John    ________________________________ From: Laurie <lwjcarroll@...> To: BugHLG@yahoogroups.com Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2012 6:38 PM Subject: [BugHLG] Re: Another note on the updated plan   I want to keep both in...it spurs more ideas etc and cross pollination of the designs.... one thing I have planed to do is a DLG V Tail using a sub fin....something I noticed full size designs had to put in place to get required rudder stability....Rgds...Laurie --- In BugHLG@yahoogroups.com, "kb11troy" <kb10troy@...> wrote: > > I'm not completely sure becuase the plan doesn't show where the 1/16" balsa doubler goes, but I believe that in the original plan it was there to double the fuselage sides where the dowel for HLG launch was intended to go. > > Not shown in this plan, or necessary for DLG/SAL > > Rick > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Date: Tuesday, March 13, 2012 6:38 PM
Subject: Re: Another note on the updated plan
I want to keep both in...it spurs more ideas etc and cross pollination of the designs.... one thing I have planed to do is a DLG V Tail using a sub fin....something I noticed full size designs had to put in place to get required rudder stability....Rgds...Laurie --- In BugHLG@yahoogroups.com, "kb11troy" <kb10troy@...> wrote: > > I'm not completely sure becuase the plan doesn't show where the 1/16" balsa doubler goes, but I believe that in the original plan it was there to double the fuselage sides where the dowel for HLG launch was intended to go. > > Not shown in this plan, or necessary for DLG/SAL > > Rick >
Date: Monday, March 12, 2012 8:43 PM
Subject: Re: [BugHLG] dlg vs hlg
Will do.   John ________________________________ From: Squid <littlefr2003@...> To: BugHLG@yahoogroups.com Sent: Monday, March 12, 2012 7:57 PM Subject: [BugHLG] dlg vs hlg   Good idea. Although there was a guy doing dlg with the vtail to save weight? Also possible Nostalgia? Any thoughts people? Lets get the poll thing going John. Could you make some up? Get people to vote and get a % rating? Kind Regards Alan --- In BugHLG@yahoogroups.com, "gldrgidr" <gldrgidr@...> wrote: Do we want to make this plan for hlg? I think it should be just for dlg. I'd vote to leave off the V-tail altogether and just make it a DLG/SAL. [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Date: Monday, March 12, 2012 7:57 PM
Subject: dlg vs hlg
Good idea. Although there was a guy doing dlg with the vtail to save weight? Also possible Nostalgia? Any thoughts people? Lets get the poll thing going John. Could you make some up? Get people to vote and get a % rating? Kind Regards Alan --- In BugHLG@yahoogroups.com, "gldrgidr" <gldrgidr@...> wrote: Do we want to make this plan for hlg? I think it should be just for dlg. I'd vote to leave off the V-tail altogether and just make it a DLG/SAL.
Date: Monday, March 12, 2012 7:06 AM
Subject: Re: dlg vs hlg
Do we want to make this plan for hlg? I think it should be just for dlg. I'd vote to leave off the V-tail altogether and just make it a DLG/SAL. John --- In BugHLG@yahoogroups.com, "kb11troy" <kb10troy@...> wrote: > > I'm not completely sure becuase the plan doesn't show where the 1/16" balsa doubler goes, but I believe that in the original plan it was there to double the fuselage sides where the dowel for HLG launch was intended to go. > > Not shown in this plan, or necessary for DLG/SAL > > Rick >
Date: Sunday, March 11, 2012 4:04 PM
Subject: Another note on the updated plan
I'm not completely sure becuase the plan doesn't show where the 1/16" balsa doubler goes, but I believe that in the original plan it was there to double the fuselage sides where the dowel for HLG launch was intended to go. Not shown in this plan, or necessary for DLG/SAL Rick