Bug HLG

Archive of the Yahoo! Groups mailing list for the Bug hand-launch glider 2002-2018

Date: Sunday, September 9, 2012 11:19 AM
Subject: Re: [BugHLG] Dead Group?
Current weight minus radio and covering is 1.78oz. Airfoil was AG 37. I used the ones from the Lightning Bug file. The wing is glued and glassed on. I decided against the complexity of a bolt on wing and the plane is might small as is. Horizontal stab is a full flying one. I built a V-mount out of 1/64 ply. It's similar the the one on the Allegro Lite. I had planned on using a covering from Ed Harris. It's similar to Silkspan put stronger and shrinks with heat. You seal it with dope. I'll try to post a couple pix later. Steve On Sep 9, 2012, at 3:21 AM, Squid wrote: > HI Steve, > > Thanks for sharing with us. I have a few questions for you if you dont mind. > What airfoil are you going with? > What have you chosen to cover with? > What is your estimated weight? > > Kind Regards > Alan > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Date: Sunday, September 9, 2012 4:21 AM
Subject: Re: Dead Group?
HI Steve, Thanks for sharing with us. I have a few questions for you if you dont mind. What airfoil are you going with? What have you chosen to cover with? What is your estimated weight? Kind Regards Alan
Date: Tuesday, September 4, 2012 9:12 AM
Subject: Re: [BugHLG] Dead Group?
Well, I've got the wing, fuse and tail framed up on a Lightning Bug. I hope to have it done in the next few days. I went with a full flying horizontal stab. Steve Bloomington, MN On Sep 4, 2012, at 6:08 AM, Squid wrote: > Hi guys, how is everyone? > > I am sending an email out to all to firstly ask if any one could take a video of the Lightninbug & if you are building could you take photos? It would be really nice to see how everyone is doing. > > Well we certainly have a few less emails going out since we did the redesign but hopefully with summer coming on this side of the world I can get a build log in and upload some new photos too. > > Keep well all. > > Kind Regards > Alan > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Date: Tuesday, September 4, 2012 8:22 AM
Hi In a few days i should have more pictures and a video up. I am a student and very busy... See a few pics in the African bug folder Regards [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Date: Tuesday, September 4, 2012 7:08 AM
Subject: Dead Group?
Hi guys, how is everyone? I am sending an email out to all to firstly ask if any one could take a video of the Lightninbug & if you are building could you take photos? It would be really nice to see how everyone is doing. Well we certainly have a few less emails going out since we did the redesign but hopefully with summer coming on this side of the world I can get a build log in and upload some new photos too. Keep well all. Kind Regards Alan
Date: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 10:50 PM
I put on .049 engine on my hand built (from RCM plans) "sylus" glider. It's a one meter glider and worked great with that engine. I turned a film canister into the fuel tamk and it fit perfectly in the nose. Soo bottom of page for pics and info. on the glider I'm referring to. http://www.ccdemo.info/SportsAndHobbies/RCSailplane.html Plans found here: http://www.rcmplans.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=1848 Good luck with your project! Chris --- In BugHLG@yahoogroups.com, "Laurie (WJ) Carroll" <lwjcarroll@...> wrote: > > Hi, I still have the new plans ready to build with but my Bug is still > flying even though it has now had many repairs...and is awaiting one at the > moment...Rgds > > -- > Laurie Carroll > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] >
Date: Saturday, July 7, 2012 8:02 AM
Hi, I still have the new plans ready to build with but my Bug is still flying even though it has now had many repairs...and is awaiting one at the moment...Rgds -- Laurie Carroll [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Date: Friday, July 6, 2012 11:51 AM
Think its still alive, =] Bout to get started on my 2nd bug, just need to get a decent workbench sorted =P Anyone got any mod versions of the bug? --- In BugHLG@yahoogroups.com, David Fairchilds <dfairchilds@...> wrote: > > Have there been no posts since 18 May? Is this group on the way down or the way up? > > Hate to see it fade. > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] >
Date: Friday, July 6, 2012 7:27 AM
Subject: Dead Group?
Have there been no posts since 18 May? Is this group on the way down or the way up? Hate to see it fade. [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]