Bug HLG

Archive of the Yahoo! Groups mailing list for the Bug hand-launch glider 2002-2018

Date: Saturday, November 16, 2013 5:45 PM
Subject: RE: Printing BugX pdf plans from files

The original Bug was a 29.1 " span glider. 

The BugX is a 29.1" span dlg . 

The Lightninbug plan is a 34" span dlg.

I don't know why the BugX plan is small.  Will look into it.

John

Date: Saturday, November 16, 2013 1:07 PM
Subject: RE: Re: Printing BugX pdf plans from files

Thanks Giuseppi. My version of Adobe Reader X didn't have any scaling options. So I downloaded XI and I see it has a custom scaling button and then a poster option. I'll give it a try.  Interesting that the inverse of .81 is 1.23456789

---In BugHLG@yahoogroups.com, <giuseppi@...> wrote:

Hello,

No. I haven't actually tried. I have Acrobat Pro 9. But if you were to print @ 123% or more precisely 123.45679% (divide 1 by .81 and multiply by 100) I think it'll print out the correct size.

g

--- In BugHLG@yahoogroups.com, <paull01@...> wrote:
>
> Has anyone ever tried printing the BugX plans that are in the files section? I printed them out full size using AdobeReaderX and the poster option - and they came out at pretty close to 13/16 size or just over 81%. That equates to a 24" wingspan exactly.
>
> I tried hunting for a way to change the plan or the print scale but didn't have any luck.
>
Date: Friday, November 15, 2013 7:13 PM
Subject: Re: Printing BugX pdf plans from files
Paul, I downloaded a copy of Adobe Reader X and plugged in the plan. I went to Print>Page Scaling: Tile All Pages. Below in the Tile Scale Box change to 123% and click on the image box and you'll see the size of the document changes to 42.5" X 33". g
Date: Thursday, November 14, 2013 6:27 PM
Subject: Re: Printing BugX pdf plans from files
Hello, No. I haven't actually tried. I have Acrobat Pro 9. But if you were to print @ 123% or more precisely 123.45679% (divide 1 by .81 and multiply by 100) I think it'll print out the correct size. g --- In BugHLG@yahoogroups.com, <paull01@...> wrote: > > Has anyone ever tried printing the BugX plans that are in the files section? I printed them out full size using AdobeReaderX and the poster option - and they came out at pretty close to 13/16 size or just over 81%. That equates to a 24" wingspan exactly. > > I tried hunting for a way to change the plan or the print scale but didn't have any luck. >
Date: Thursday, November 14, 2013 3:36 PM
Subject: Printing BugX pdf plans from files
Has anyone ever tried printing the BugX plans that are in the files section? I printed them out full size using AdobeReaderX and the poster option - and they came out at pretty close to 13/16 size or just over 81%. That equates to a 24" wingspan exactly.

I tried hunting for a way to change the plan or the print scale but didn't have any luck.