Bug HLG

Archive of the Yahoo! Groups mailing list for the Bug hand-launch glider 2002-2018

Date: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 5:15 PM
Subject: Re: Bungee Launch
--- In BugHLG@yahoogroups.com, "dimple_kwok" <henry.kwok@x> wrote: > I know this question has been asked once before but no one really > elaborate on this. Is this possible? Has anyone tried this? What mods > are required? > > Thanks > > Henry I,ve tried itt. I used rubber bands, the ones they also use to combine the post. The Bug gains a lot of speed, but mine could handle itt. I used 8 meters of rubberbands and 20 meters of small "rope". Personaly I like DLG launching the Bug better than the bungee launch. Groetjes Frans
Date: Sunday, June 22, 2003 1:13 PM
Subject: Re: Bungee Launch
You need a highstart with small diameter rubber tubing (1/8") and you would have to either permanately mount or temporarily tape-on a hook just in front of the CG under the fuse. Aerofoam.com sells high quality highstarts or rubber. Here's a link that shows a tape on hook: http://www.charlesriverrc.org/articles/zagithl/zagithl.htm If you just want to try it out, you can make a cheap highstart out of no. 64 rubber bands and kite string. Loop the rubber bands together for a length of 12 to 15 feet and add 50 to 70 feet of string. Use a keyring (Walmart sells a pack of them for about 79 cents) on both ends of rubber and the end of the string. A large aluminum or steal nail with a large washer is used for a stake. Stake-keyring-rubber-keyring-string-keyring(towring)-towhook on glider You can tie a windstreamer a few feet ahead of the towring to make it easier to find in the grass. Cut a strip of supermarket plastic bag (bright colored). The only problem is that the rubber bands have no protection from the sun (UV). The rubber lasts only a short time. When rolling up a highstart, roll up the string first. Remember - roll up the string tight and the rubber loose. John --- In BugHLG@yahoogroups.com, "dimple_kwok" <henry.kwok@x> wrote: > I know this question has been asked once before but no one really > elaborate on this. Is this possible? Has anyone tried this? What mods > are required? > > Thanks > > Henry
Date: Sunday, June 22, 2003 7:41 AM
Subject: Bungee Launch
I know this question has been asked once before but no one really elaborate on this. Is this possible? Has anyone tried this? What mods are required? Thanks Henry