Bug HLG

Archive of the Yahoo! Groups mailing list for the Bug hand-launch glider 2002-2018

Date: Tuesday, November 15, 2011 9:55 PM
Subject: Re: Rearward DLG launch peg
Hi...update...it seems to enable me to get more consistent lauches...aka same profile each time...it tracks up into the air in a similar pattern each time now...Laurie --- In BugHLG@yahoogroups.com, "Laurie" <lwjcarroll@...> wrote: > > > Hi Rick, > > Not sure I am getting that height, but it does make it easier to do the SAL/DLG style launch... > > Waiting for calmer spring/summer weather here...but it flys well in windy weather on fine days...Thanks..Laurie > > --- In BugHLG@yahoogroups.com, "kb11troy" <kb10troy@> wrote: > > > > I've added some photos of the launch peg I built into my extended wing for the Bug. Launch pegs that are set well aft of the main spar are known to give better launches on DLGs, and it works really well with the Bug. > > > > A little 1/64" ply and carbon, some carbon around the wingtip, and after quite a few hard launches, it's still holding together. > > > > I flew today with my RAM3 altimeter on board, and it tells me that my best launch was 98 feet. :) > > > > Lovin' the Bug- > > > > Rick > > >
Date: Thursday, November 10, 2011 1:54 AM
Hi Rick, Not sure I am getting that height, but it does make it easier to do the SAL/DLG style launch... Waiting for calmer spring/summer weather here...but it flys well in windy weather on fine days...Thanks..Laurie --- In BugHLG@yahoogroups.com, "kb11troy" <kb10troy@...> wrote: > > I've added some photos of the launch peg I built into my extended wing for the Bug. Launch pegs that are set well aft of the main spar are known to give better launches on DLGs, and it works really well with the Bug. > > A little 1/64" ply and carbon, some carbon around the wingtip, and after quite a few hard launches, it's still holding together. > > I flew today with my RAM3 altimeter on board, and it tells me that my best launch was 98 feet. :) > > Lovin' the Bug- > > Rick >
Date: Monday, October 10, 2011 7:14 PM
Thanks for that Rick...I am just doing that now to my Bug...I think I was only getting 20-30 foot launches with no DLG peg.... I was out flying yesterday for a 1/2 hr...great Fun!!!... Laurie --- In BugHLG@yahoogroups.com, "kb11troy" <kb10troy@...> wrote: > > I've added some photos of the launch peg I built into my extended wing for the Bug. Launch pegs that are set well aft of the main spar are known to give better launches on DLGs, and it works really well with the Bug. > > A little 1/64" ply and carbon, some carbon around the wingtip, and after quite a few hard launches, it's still holding together. > > I flew today with my RAM3 altimeter on board, and it tells me that my best launch was 98 feet. :) > > Lovin' the Bug- > > Rick >
Date: Saturday, October 8, 2011 12:11 PM
Subject: Rearward DLG launch peg
I've added some photos of the launch peg I built into my extended wing for the Bug. Launch pegs that are set well aft of the main spar are known to give better launches on DLGs, and it works really well with the Bug. A little 1/64" ply and carbon, some carbon around the wingtip, and after quite a few hard launches, it's still holding together. I flew today with my RAM3 altimeter on board, and it tells me that my best launch was 98 feet. :) Lovin' the Bug- Rick